Rate Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: Contest!
SirQuack #177421 10/01/07 12:45 AM
M
shareholder in the making
M
We need to cut Alberto some slack as english does not appear to be his native language. Alberto, quizá usted debe revisar el poste de Amie.

Amie #177422 10/01/07 04:43 AM
You didn't mention how many times one can enter. If more than one entry is allowed, then here is my first. It's nothing ground-breaking, but it plays off the existing blues on the site, so it should integrate easily with existing pages.

pmbuko #177423 10/01/07 04:46 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Looks great, Peter. I love the recent posts.

pmbuko #177424 10/01/07 04:46 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
lol @ recent posts.

pmbuko #177425 10/01/07 05:07 AM
M
M
I like this too. It's very clean and simple.

Haoleb #177426 10/01/07 06:17 AM
E
E
I join this message board in order to apologize twice, first my friend Albert who makes non suitable commentaries about the contest above because of my fault and for Axiom team (specially Ami).

My friend Albert sent me this contest few days ago because he thought it was a good change to show my work on this field: website design.

We read the contest and I commented to him my doubt of functionality or not, because as web designers know, that for polls, ratings and else, you need more than a html code. So we read the contest's introduction and also few posts below, including the one that suggest that he would make a hand drawing for his project presentation and also another commentary that said: I could do a layout, but adding in codes to make stuff do things is beyond me.
So, we are not the only one who understand the point to be functional or not and also, as normally happen on forums, message boards, etc. format, you will never read all post because of the volume of information and also, because you are looking at the screen: a basic rule for a website design and communication.

Of course we read: “In order to enter the contest, you need to come up with a layout that incorporates the following navigation links...” but I think it would have been perfect to add what appear in Ami’s post 880: “Nobody needs to worry about adding the code - we'll take care of that!” at the contest presentation because the first sentence could produce ambiguity.

Albert is a good friend and also he is a great fighter that wants that the things be done well, that’s why he write soon while we talking about this.

According with me, I apologize for the non suitable effect that Albert´s message could produce in those who read about the contest, so I encourage them to participate. And for me a punishment: not to participate this time.

SirQuack #177427 10/01/07 11:31 AM
A
A
Quote:

Albert,

Obviously you have not f'ing idea what your talking about. If you would have read the contest and the full thread carefully, which you obviously have not, they are just looking for a layout draft, not a full functioning website. Their web developers will take care of that.

Being a newbie with only 1 post, you need to give Amie a break and apologize, or just get lost Troll.

These idiots really pi$$ me off, sorry to everyone else.

The constest rules are not clear enough, at least not for me, is she was asking just for a layout (in wich case, and just for a layout, the prize, will be more understandable) then why asking for all those features, a layout does not need to include all the list of features she was asking, though the idea that maybe, she was asking for a functional page, my bad, also some of this features she was asking most of the times are hidden, so a layout will not show them, even if you want to...unless you want to break some web desing rules...

Anyway if my post cause you to puck these so idiotic commnets, insulting me, for a misunderstood, instead of correcting me, as others did, that shows me that I'm not the only idiot here...

My appologies to Ami if I misunderstood your first post...

albertofgomez #177428 10/01/07 02:03 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

The constest rules are not clear enough, at least not for me, is she was asking just for a layout (in wich case, and just for a layout, the prize, will be more understandable) then why asking for all those features, a layout does not need to include all the list of features she was asking, though the idea that maybe, she was asking for a functional page, my bad, also some of this features she was asking most of the times are hidden, so a layout will not show them, even if you want to...unless you want to break some web desing rules...

Anyway if my post cause you to puck these so idiotic commnets, insulting me, for a misunderstood, instead of correcting me, as others did, that shows me that I'm not the only idiot here...

My appologies to Ami if I misunderstood your first post...

Albert, the comment in the first post "Are you a bit of a web artist?" should be more than enough to tell you that this is for web artists ONLY, not web coding and construction. This is for graphics only.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
pmbuko #177429 10/01/07 02:16 PM
Amie Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Great entry, Peter, thanks!

You may enter as often as you please - thank you for kicking things off!

esteban #177430 10/01/07 02:19 PM
Amie Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hi Esteban and Alberto;

Sorry if the contest post was a little ambiguous - we are looking for a mockup of a layout - just a screenshot at this point, similar to the one entered by pmbuko earlier. I listed the navigation elements needed because they form part of the layout.

Hope that's all clear now and please don't let a misunderstanding stop you from entering!

Kind regards,

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,946
Posts442,492
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020